Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Let's all be festive, shall we?


I plugged in my Christmas tree at work. It's time, folks. I am feeling the season.



I ran in the pouring rain on Monday, and it seemed to awaken my psyche. I think everyone should do it. On the last mile or so it started to pelt me in the face. Honest to God, I started smiling. Passing motorists must have thought I was losing my mind and anything else along with that, because I just enjoyed the moment. I thought of those in this world that would give anything to run like that. So, I just smiled for them. I was soaked to the skin, and it was about 65 outside. I have run in 110 degree weather, so what was a little water? Actually, it is sort of a wash when you run in the rain (ignore the literal), because the rain cools your body temperature. I felt refreshed, cold and fortunate.
The first lightning strike in our vicinity happened as soon as I got in my Tahoe and shut the door. It ended up being a great thunderstorm.
Really. If you haven't played in the rain, do it.

0 comments: