Monday, February 2, 2009

Boringly - Blah...

... is the only thing I think of when I see this background and layout...

SO - I am learning ASP.NET for that very reason. Well, several reasons.
First, because I'm a huge nerd.

Second, I am a huge nerd.

Third, (and there is not pattern here at all.. ), because I am the HUGEST nerd.

Ok, so you get the point. I am seriously going to create my own background and facelift up there ^ soon, so I won't have to keep copying canned code. In the nerd world, that literally means ready-made. It is the difference between buying your green beans in a can and having your own garden in your back yard. Well, I guess I want my own garden...

Follow?

If not, simply-stated, I want to learn a little programming to add to my "tool box" of sorts. With the layoff, I have extra time on my hands, of course, and I am going stir-crazy applying for jobs. Eventually, I want to be proficient enough to maybe do some freelance or side work building web pages. For now, I am learning and playing with it, and maybe I'll end up actually publishing something soon... we'll see...

As for the brood, here are a few pictures from the past week...


I averted a small crisis, when I found Daisy at the neighbor's. As that statement suggests, she had escaped the back yard during a potty break, and she was M.I.A. for a few hours. Kayden, however, is none the wiser, because she and John were in C.S. for John's Grandmother's memorial service. She passed last week. Kylee and I were here sick. Kylee ran a 104 by the time I got her her on Friday. I was sick, but I would have had no problem traveling. I fought her fever all Friday night and into Saturday. She still has green boogies oozing from her nose, but I checked her this morning, and her temp. was normal. We'll see how the day goes.

This was during one of her many baths to bring her fever down. You wouldn't have known it by the look on her face. She was just happy to play in the water.

0 comments: