Monday, September 3, 2007

The Natives are Sleeping...

So the monsters are down... for now... I feel lazy today, even though I've done the dishes, cleaned the house and done four loads of laundry. I'm laying on the couch, so maybe that's why. Rain is tapping on our windows daring me to go to sleep, and I just might!

John just finished mowing his yard.. yes, HIS yard. I'm no longer allowed to do any sort of grass grooming. To me, he grooms the yard. It's no longer mowing, when you are on a first-name-basis with the Scott's Turf Builder guy on the other end of the 800 number on the bag. Maybe it's a manifestation of some sort of primal man-preening... who knows. Whatever it is, it makes him happy.

I thought Kayden was asleep, but she just started chanting "Rain, rain, go away.." That's the cutest version of that little song I have ever heard. Only a Mother would think that.

We had a great weekend. I met with the florist and she understands my "vision". Lord. I really think she's going to be great, though. I brought her my vases, which are truly a find of the century (silver plated, medium-sized, and only 15 each woo hoo!). We went over what I had originally budgeted, but it was well worth it. I'm a flower freak, and I think she's going to give me what I want. Bridezilla, anyone?

0 comments: