Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Waning Superpower...

So, I think I still want to buy a shirt that says, "I make milk. What's your superpower?" I saw it online when I was pregnant, and I thought it was hilarious. Said "superpower" waned for a bit last week, but it has now recovered. After Chuck and Pepper's wedding, I was pretty sick. I made it to work on Monday and Tuesday, but from Tuesday night on, I was in bed. Long story short, I had a GI virus that started the whole thing. That cute little GI virus weakened my immune system to the point that the mastitis that I had been trying to out-run, caught up with me and smacked me in the face. John took me to the hospital on Thursday, because walking was no longer my mode of transportation. I had to either crawl or John had to carry me wherever I went. Yep, the bathroom, too... and the bed to the bathroom is maybe 15 feet. Not good. By the time I got to the ER, my temp. was a 103, I had chills, a migraine, I was dizzy, and I was starting to become pretty confused.... My blood work showed bacteria in my blood, so I was on IV antibiotics until Saturday. I am now taking 875 mg. of Augmentin twice a day.. FUN FUN! SO, needless to say, I really haven't had the easiest time of things for the past week or so, but I feel better than I have in months. I think I am still running on about 7 of my 8 cylinders, but we're working on that last one.

I picked up my dress last week, which was a very cool moment... I tried it on at the shop and Kylee was with me. When I put it on, she looked up at me and smiled... that was all the affirmation that I needed. I am completely in love with it. It's perfect. I tried it on again last night, and I had Robin help me put it on. I felt like a little girl playing dress-up... it's such a surreal, albeit amazing, feeling to know that this is the dress that I have pictured since I was a little girl... I was one of those little girls that had my wedding planned out at 5 years old....

I have the girls' dresses, too... little monsters... they are going to look so pretty, and I am just going to lose it, when I see them...

Kylee is starting to babble... I'm sure she's going to get my motor-mouth...

Kayden is about to have her THIRD birthday. She's such a big girl. I can't believe she's already 3. What a blessing she is. That reminds me... I need to go reserve her bounce house for her party.... Here's some pictures of the Kyleemeister..

1 comments:

Erica said...

wow girl, you had a rough time of it!! Glad you are feeling better and still producing the goods!! I hope ya'll have fun at Kayden's party.. I wish we could come.. but I didn't see any pics of your girls???