Monday, April 21, 2008

Wish of Wellness and raunchy chimps


My company had a booth around the track at Relay for Life in Saginaw this past Friday. The entire event raised over $100,000 dollars. Sarah, who works for me on my team, is pictured below in the purple "Survivor" shirt.

My Mom also has squamous cell carcinoma on her head. My good friend Kristen came and sat with me until midnight, when I weenied-out. It was COLD! We went back home and tried out our "floozie koozies" that we bought at one of the booths around the track. Sitting in the garage drinking beer was how the night ended...


Saturday was pretty uneventful. I was lazy after the long night on Friday, so I took a nap. John ended up staying up late, and the girls and I went to bed early. We had to go to the zoo on Sunday for Kayden's friend R.J.'s 4th birthday party.

Kayden, Kylee and I took off to Target on Sunday morning to get R.J. a present. We ended up with Cars stuff. I have no idea what in the world to buy a boy. We tried our best! We came home and washed the truck and I cut John's hair. We finally made it out to the zoo at about 2:30, and the party was at 3. We took about 400 pictures, naturally, and the kids wore themselves out running all over the place. That was the first time that I had been to the zoo with the girls, so it was really really fun. I think it was probably only the third or fourth time in my life I had been to the zoo period. I think the chimps were my favorite.


R.J. and Kayden in front of the glass part of the primate exibit. This silverback was beautiful.


There was a guy that was teasing one of the chimps, and in return the chimp kept giving him the finger and sticking his butt up in the air. He also kept throwing his arms in the air at the guy and kicking in the air towards him. It was pretty funny to watch. Who knew you had to censor the actions of the animals at the zoo?!?


The chimps acting crazy.



Kylee and Mommy in front of the elephants.

0 comments: